Sunday, December 20, 2009

I want to have a pillow fight.

A conversation that I had on August the twentieth. A Thursday. Driving back to Pocatello after Iron and Wine, as it were:

Matty: I made you a pillowcase.
Me: You made me a pillowcase?
Matty: Yes.
Me: Why?
Matty: Because that is what you do when people go away.
Me: But I haven't gone anywhere. You are the one who left.
Matty: Exactly. I'm surprised that you haven't made me one.
Me: You want me to make you a pillowcase?
Matty: Well, yes. Of course.
Me: Okay then.

So I made him a pillowcase. Unfortunately I never photographed it before I mailed it to him. But it is pretty great. It is a crazy mess of colors and has a large yellow cut-out of Idaho on it. However, I was beginning to doubt the existence of a Matt-made pillowcase for me. As he always "forgot" to give it to me.

I doubt no longer. Apparently yellow is a theme.

He also gifted me with cat band aides, tights, and a mug with my letter on it. He knows me surprisingly well. As these are all things that I use daily. Especially with my aversion to pants. And, of course, my love of cats. And remember when I broke my cow mug? Parfait.


2 comments:

t r a c i said...

i must say i love your mug the best

Karen said...

nice mug, and the pillowcase is brightly yellow.