Saturday, November 14, 2009

In which I read "Harris and Me" again and laugh so hard that I choke on my own spit.

In which I meet Harris and am exposed for the first time to the vagaries of inflation.
In which I become a farmer and meet Vivian.
Wherein Harris introduces me to work and I meet Ernie.
In which war is declared and honor established.
Where I meet Buzzer and learn the value and safety of teamwork.
Wherein I learn some more physics, involving parabolic trajectories, and see the worth of literature.
In which we educate two horses, and I learn that the one blamed is not always the one guilty
In which I discover love only to have my heart broken and in revenge I fry Harris's business.
In which Harris discovers speed...and the value of clothing.
-Harris and me, Gary Paulsen (Of The Hatchet fame. Which is actually quite random seeing as how Harris and Me is hilarious and The Hatchet is the most boring book know to man.)

2 comments:

Karen said...

I think Aunt Heather might read this book now. You are spreading the Harris and Me joy.

Melissa The Beautiful said...

Seriously nothing makes a bad day better than Harris and Me.

The only book that has ever made me laugh that hard was Agnes, thongs and full-frontal snogging.