Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Call me now baby, I'd come a running.

I'm bad at games.

In my high school French class we would play "around the world" with French vocabulary. Whenever I knew the word I would of course have to gasp. By the time I had finished gasping the other person would usually have said the word.

Last night at family home evening we played "spaz". The person to get rid of all their cards first wins. I had most of the deck for most of the game. The saddest part was that Adam beat me, even after he took pity on me and took all but ten of my cards. Yes, the entire deck still ended in my hands. But a heart-felt "thank you" to Adam, for at least attempting to help me keep my dignity intact.

It's not just games. I am actually rather terrible at most things. Which is probably where the joke "the only thing Emily is good at is being bad at everything" originated. If nothing else I am very good at being bad at things. Which I think gives a little self-esteem boost to everyone else.

So if your self-esteem is ever lagging remember, I'm on call. I'll be there. For you.

And just in case you think I am throwing myself a pity-party, I'm really not. I like myself. A lot.

2 comments:

Melissa The Beautiful said...

You are oh so witty. Come back.

Karen said...

I had never hear the joke about you being bad a everything. I don't think that is so funny. I think you are good at lots of things. I think you are witty too.