Friday, July 31, 2009

One ring to rule them all

Sometimes my family likes to plan for what we will do when the EMP (electromagnetic pulse) strikes. And when I say "what will we do" I mean "How will we entertain ourselves?". As always, entertainment remains chief. Eyes on the prize. While everyone else is in a total panic we will be having a jolly old time playing charades and showing off phenomenal shadow puppets. Even better, the ultimate EMP production will be a reenactment. Of "Lords of the Rings", as it were. So the boys have been growing out their hair in hobbit preparation. Anyway. Things were getting a little shaggy, the tiniest bit unkempt, so Robbie and I bribed them with snow cones. One snow cone in exchange for their hair. And the privilege of removing it. Agreed.

(Robbie, brandishing the hair shaver thingy. Supposedly called "clippers")

(Short-haired hobbits with their devoted adopted brother and snow cone get-er)

Robbie did a stellar job of it, as always, and two people carrying eight snow cones was a genius plan. Also, I continue down the list of snow cone flavors. I am slightly worried as I am only on cream soda and there is only one month left of summer. Which means that I need to eat more snow cones.
Note: The whole EMP thing is just an ongoing joke. We are not really completely insane. Just mostly.

1 comment:

Amy Hunter said...

awesome. Maybe Robbie really should think about becoming a hairstylist?!?!? Beats Kmart.

I hope you know that I've really been enjoying the music you gave the boys. Matt turns it on while he paints and I love it to. Y-O-U are cool.