Wednesday, July 15, 2009

We hold on to our childhoods with both hands.

I have purchased two pairs of faux spectacles this week. The first because Traci and I were mourning our lost childhoods, you see, we never had glasses. I never even had braces. My best friend had both, glasses and braces. Imagine how it felt to go to the optometrist and hear him say "You have perfect vision" or the orthodontist (In truth, I never actually went to orthodontist, apparently only people with crooked teeth are allowed there. No, in reality it was my dentist who told me this.) just to be told "You don't need braces, your teeth are perfectly straight". It can be so exhausting, being so perfect all the time. Anyway.

The second time was because fan-dom can be so thrilling. "Harry Potter" glasses were a must for the "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" premier. We pretend to be super-fans, because that is just more fun. Don't get me wrong, I do love me some "Harry Potter" but not quite to the "dressing up as" level. But a group, all wearing HP glasses, what is more delightful than that?

And it was indeed delightful. We wore our glasses, we played "Harry Potter'' Uno outside while waiting in line, we talked to other fanatics, we played "Harry Potter" Uno inside while waiting for the movie to start, and we watched the movie. Robbie was unnaturally quiet, he even shushed me a few times. Which is rich coming from him, but still humorous.

2 comments:

Amy Hunter said...

Robbie was quiet?!?!?! During a movie?!?!? A world gone mad! I know what you mean about being perfect all the time. It is tiring. Also,I feel sorry for the people who have to live with perfect people like us. Must be maddening. Poor them.

holmes said...

the funny thing is i dont think amy is joking about being perfect she really does think she is haha although she did have braces and has glasses