Tuesday, August 11, 2009

All we need is sleep.

A few things.
First, a little story. It turns out that I really am completely insane, not just mostly. Last week the singles ward had a camp-out. Traci, Robbie, and I went up for the evening festivities, having no intention of staying the night but feeling the need to make an appearance. The three of us went on a nature walk, which was lovely, up until the end. We came upon a ground squirrel, a terribly ill ground squirrel. And I could not bring myself to leave it, even though I know that everything dies alone. So Robbie and Traci went to find Tanner because he is nature-y and seems like the sort who would know what to do in such a dire situation. I was given instructions not to touch "it" and stayed to cry over the creature's little broken body. Alas and Alack, no Tanner was found but instead his older brother, Nick (who is equally skilled in the ways of nature and such), was recruited to assess and deal with the situation. Melissa also tagged along with the purpose of comforting me, as I had completely lost it. So Nick came and told me that we could put it out of it's misery or we could leave it to freeze or be eaten. I chose the former. So I walked away and he took care of it. I thanked him later and he thought I was being sarcastic so Traci had explain that I really was serious, I was grateful that he could do the thing that I could not. I really wasn't upset about it dying, I understand the way the world works, that death cannot be stopped, I was just crushed that the little guy was in so much pain. I could hear it wheezing. Anyway. Everyone knows now. Insanity is killing me.

The only pictures that I have from girl's camp are of me hugging the Nephi cut-out. I don't know.



I have been writing on my skin and buying fake tattoos a lot as of late. A lot. This tiger tattoo stayed for a long time. Removing it was a struggle. I still loved it, though. It had sparkles. And I love flashing tattoos at people and seeing their shocked faces. Although, the shock is very possibly over my signature spot and not the tattoo itself.


Robbie told me once that he cannot fall asleep anywhere but at his own house. It warms my little heart that our newly adopted brother feels at home enough to nap. The rest of the family is quite pleased as well. In other sleeping news, I am exhausted and I keep waking at the unearthly hour of seven.

3 comments:

Amy Hunter said...

Oh Emily. You are sweet. I think I would have felt the same way about a wheezing squirrel.
I hope you can get some shut-eye.

Karen said...

I make me happy that Robb can sleep at our house. Amazed (I mean, with our noise level?) but happy

holmes said...

i still cant believe i dozed off haha