Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My life is a black abyss.

I need to be entertained.

In other news I have recently discovered that Melissa has a Lord of the Rings box. That she decoupaged herself. As in she cut out Lord of the Rings pictures and glued them to a box. Even better? The box contains more Lord of the Rings pictures. A only Lord of the Rings pictures. Our family is sort of awesome like that. I mean, I laughed for hours about it, but I was never surprised.

Melissa has been rather amusing as of late. More so than usual, anyway.

A couple nights ago I mentioned to her that I was going to shower before going to bed, so as to be clean for work in the morning. She then offhandedly uttered the most ridiculous thing that has ever been uttered:

"I'm going to get up at six tomorrow and shower."

My laughter was immediate. Hysterical, wheezing laughter. Nearly silent, because that is what I do when I find something particularly hilarious. Along with ceasing to breathe.

This small statement contradicted her entire being.

Sadly, when I related the hilarity of it all to my parentals they found themselves somewhat less amused. Puzzled, even.

Also, when I heard the shower go on the next morning I checked the time. 6:42.

1 comment:

Karen said...

She was rather a fan of LOTR in her younger days. Ok, she is still a fan, but the box is from the younger days.

I laughed too at the 6am shower.