Thursday, February 18, 2010

The prodigal kitty returns.

Or, more accurately, is forced to return.

A couple months ago my cat Stormy (of eleven years) disappeared. We assumed that he went off alone to die. Everyone dies alone. We mourned his loss, and, with great difficulty, moved on. We still had another cat to live for. Moose needed us.

Anyway. Recently my mother has been claiming to have seen Stormy wandering about. Naturally I thought this was complete and utter nonsense. "Stormy is dead" I tell her. "You are merely hallucinating him because you miss him so much" I say. It was the only logical explanation.

Until today.

Mom: You know how Stormy is dead to you?
Me: Yes.
Mom: Well, I saw him or a look-alike cat today and I brought him home.

Cat-napped.

So it appears to really be him. Moose would never cuddle with anyone else. (Mom was saying that it had to be Stormy because Moose didn't do anything mean to him when they were reunited. I said that Moose doesn't have the right to be mean to anyone as he doesn't have any front claws.)

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Welcome Home Stormy :)

Jeff said...

I believe it really is Stormy, minus about seven pounds. Someone should make a movie about his incredible journey or the adventures of Stormy Cat. That would be original. If his name was Milo or Otis, it would be even better. Welcome home Stormy!!!