Monday, March 8, 2010

Sleep tight little man-cub, rest in peace.

This week I had a momentary moment of madness.

I imagined that I would like to have a pet snake.

I would wear him around my neck like a scarf. I would snuggle him at night. He would fetch things for me. He would interpretive dance with me. He would be incredibly clever. I would call him King Vipera.

We would be two peas in a pod. Sharing an uncommon animal-person bond. We would have the best fun, King Vipera and I.

I had all of these imaginations while watching "The Princess and the Frog". Mama Odie and her darling serpent seemed to be having an absolutely smashing time.
Then it occurred to me that my forays with a snake might turn out somewhat differently, perhaps snakes in real life are not as hilarious as snakes in Disney movies. Also I remembered that I am somewhat frightened of snakes. And we all remember how close Mowgli came to resting in peace while resting amongst Kaa's coils.
Speaking of Mowgli, I drew a stunning likeness of him a couple weeks ago.

Everyone pretended that they had no idea that it was him, but I knew that they knew and that they were just pretending that they didn't know because they were painfully jealous of my artful skills.

Anyway. I decided that I should probably just get a cat.

6 comments:

Karen said...

Stunning likeness. No snakes. Love the cats you have.

Melissa The Beautiful said...

I think you should sew yourself a snake. Then you could take it with you everywhere without being afraid it would kill you in your sleep.

Emily said...

Yeah, sew myself a snake. That's a fantastic idea. Because my last sewing endeavor went so well.

Unknown said...

Was that my wonderful Idaho pillow case??

Emily said...

No. Your pillowcase is a thing of beauty. I was talking about the dress I made for Melissa's 80s themed birthday party. It is an absolutely hideous piece of work.

Unknown said...

indeed my pillowcase is a thing of beauty:)