Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Concrete jungle where dreams are made of.

It has been a year to the day since I traveled cross country to New York, New York.

Which brings me to this travesty: The DKNY wall, the unofficial entrance to Soho, sold to Hollister.


Gross.

Anyway. Saint Patrick's day in New York was spectacular. People wearing kilts!

Which I always thought was actually more of a Scottish thing than an Irish thing. Regardless, any day where I see kilt-wearing fiends roaming is a good day.

And I appreciated the enthusiasm, as St. Patrick's day is my favorite of holidays. What's not to love about Saint Patrick chasing all the snakes out of Ireland?

Besides the part where I like snakes now, as we saw from my last posting.

Although, I did read this really creepy thing about a pet python in the Reader's Digest. And I quote, "Our stupid snake got out in the middle of the night and strangled the baby".

So sad...and disturbing. So I was right to stick with cats.

And even though some people find loving cats and having a cat blanket creepy (ahem), at least my pretty kitty never hurt a baby. Unless, of course, you count Kimberlyn. And that was more amazing than scary.

I mean, Moose hasn't got any front claws, so how he managed to scratch her face is still somewhat of a mystery. As far as I can figure she must have been holding him upside down.

So his reaction is rather understandable.

Anyway. Have a good St. Patrick's Day, snake and cat lovers or haters alike.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

that is gross how boring!! i like the old wall better!i dont even like hollister that much.all there stuff looks the same.

Shelly said...

Ewww... Boo Hollister! Glad you liked NYC, it's Farah's fave place!

jessie said...

i planning to go to new york sometime this year and i can not wait.

Karen said...

Yeah for New York. A great place to visit in the spring.

And Yeah for new posts. Isn't it time?

Emily said...

Excuse me? It has only been a week since I last posted. I can't say the same for you. No postings on your blog from March 4 until today.