Tuesday, January 19, 2010

In explanation: The Brown Couch

The Brown Couch is magical. It makes sick people well. Sitting on it is a dream. The Brown Couch is a miracle. Everyone wants it.

My mother inherited the Brown Couch when she wed my Father. Or at sometime after. Point being that if she had not married it would not belong to her.

Thus, it has become a competition between my siblings and me. The first of us to marry inherits the Brown Couch.

This is taken very seriously. Okay, so maybe only very to me. And maybe it is only speculation/wishful thinking that my mother will actually relinquish her rights to the Brown Couch upon my marriage. But I do hope.

So vote. (For me, preferably).

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

A race to marriage then, haha so unusual ... for you?

Must be some couch!

Emily said...

Oh it is. And it is also mostly a joke. I am not really trying to get married. But I really do want the couch.

Heather said...

Hmmmm...I think the couch might have to be offered to me first...since I grew up with it before you...I was not married when it was offered to Karen so it might have to revert to a sibbling! ;)