Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Some days we walk in the light.

So last Friday someone spit on me. A cute little junior girl named Reilly to be exact. I was walking out the C hall doors on my way to my 6th period Drama class when it happened. Reilly was walking down the stairs and I heard the boy walking with her say something like "Hey, I bet you can't spit all the way down the stairs". She could. She saw me just as the spit was leaving her mouth. Splat. She looked completely appalled that she had just spat on someone, and I was equally appalled to be spit upon. So we just stared at each other for a while as if to say "Did that really just happen?" It was so surprising that it was almost funny, only I guess she didn't really think so because when I started to laugh a little bit she looked like she was about to cry. So I just said "It's okay." Then I went to Drama. So maybe Friday was not my day to walk in the light.

4 comments:

Rachel Clark said...

hum...i have mixed feelings about that...where did it land?

Karen said...

I guess this reminds us that spitting in a public place is probably never a good idea.

And yuck. And I'm impressed that you didn't get mad.

Melissa The Beautiful said...

You are a cool headed person. Maybe since you were so nice, she will be the one who saves you when someone tries to jump you in the halls. What goes around comes around.

Though I am not sure violent things happen like that at Highland.

Emily said...

It was kind of all over my face/torso, not a very gathered spit. Melissa, my school is pretty ghetto, violent things happen all the time. Don't you remember when I had to write a statement? People are out to get me.