Monday, December 29, 2008

Don't say you hate me.

This is Gideon. He is a gem of a boy.

We have funny conversations. Like today when I told him that Dad likes me better than him.

Me: Dad likes me better than you.

Gideon: No, he likes me the best.

Me: Well, let's just look at the facts. Who did Dad give an airhead to? Me. Who did Dad put on a time-out? You. That means that Dad must like me best.

Gideon: Fine, but Devin likes me better than you.

Me: No, Devin talked to me on the phone longer than he talked to you, so he likes me best.

Gideon: (in disgust)Why would he like a girl?

Me: Girls are bomb. Mom and Dad like girls best.

Gideon: No!

Me: Yeah-huh, they have five girls and only three boys. If they liked boys best they would have had another boy.

Gideon: No, Dad likes boys the best because they are cool and Mom likes girls the best because they are pretty.

Me: You think we are pretty? Okay, I like you again. (long pause) Don't you like me?

Gideon: Like you, not love you.

Me: You don't love me?

Gideon: (huge sigh) Fine, I do.

This was all in fun. I promise. But seriously, I really am the favorite. Also, note his little "I love you" sign cleverly hidden in his serious Guitar Hero playing. Truly precious.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I like the "fine, I love you"

t r a c i said...

this brought tears to my eyes.
your relationship is so deep