Sunday, October 25, 2009

Died of a broken heart.

"The game will be over, your Queen'll be dead. Once the Queen is dead the King is useless.... What's that about?... I don't know. maybe he's too depressed to fight. He really loved her, you know."

Melissa and I have been searching for the origin of this quote for months upon months. It has constantly been in the back of my mind, lurking, never giving me a moments peace.

I have re-read countless books, re-watched hundreds of movies. I have tried to retrace every footstep. But that is impossible.

I have googled it. I have searched loads of quotes.

I have asked nearly every person I know if they have heard it, desperate.

I have spent sleepless nights wondering if I would spend the rest of my life not knowing, if I would die not knowing. My worst fear became that I would never know.

I cannot let things go. I wonder until I know.

And today I figured it out. It is from "Penelope". And I breathed one huge sigh of relief. Today I walk in the light.

3 comments:

Karen said...

When I read the quote just now I thought I just heard this recently. And I had. I watched Penelope within the last month. Go figure.
I'm glad you finally figured it out.

Amy Hunter said...

Phew. Now you can R.I.P.

Thanks for reminding me that I need to buy that movie. That's a keeper.

Melissa The Beautiful said...

My roommates did not understand why this was causing us such stress. Apparently they have never been searching for a quote that seems so out of reach.

This is a huge weight off my mind.