Monday, September 29, 2008

A Bargain for Frances


I used to read this book all the time. It is good. So for your viewing pleasure I have included a passage from said book. It is as follows:
It was a fine summer day, and after breakfast Frances said "I am going to play with Thelma."
"Be careful," said Mother
"Why do I have to be careful?" said Frances
"Remember the last time?" said Mother
"Which time was that?" said Frances
"That time you played catch with Thelma's new boomerang," said Mother. " Thelma did all the throwing, and you came home with lumps on your head."
"I remember that time now," said Frances.
"And do you remember the other time last winter?" said Mother
"I remember that time too," said Frances. "That was the first time there was ice on the pond. Thelma wanted to go skating and she told me to try the ice first."
"Who came home wet?" said Mother. "You or Thelma?"
"I came home wet." said Frances
"Yes, that is why I say be careful." said Mother

3 comments:

Melissa The Beautiful said...

This bears a striking similarity to events currently happening in your life.

I throughly enjoy that book.

Karen said...

Frances cracks me up. She does do some hard thinking in this book.

grannybabs said...

Ah, the wisdom of Frances - or should I say the wisdom of her mother?

Who knew badgers were so endearing??